Ram 2500 line-up is a serious name in business of HD pickup truck segment. The power-play of Cummins diesel engine leveled up with class-topping suspension and electronic differential is what makes up Ram 2500. For marking the prominence of a new generation, 2018 Ram 2500 is bringing along several updates on the powertrain and styling.
Driving versatility will be catered by several trim levels including SLT, Tradesman, Longhorn, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, Big Horn, Lone Star and Limited. Likewise, buyers will get to choose between 3 different body styles – Wagon, Regular Cab and Crew Cab.
2018 Ram 2500 – Powertrain Options
2018 Ram 2500 will offer 3 powertrain options.
- First, the 5.7L V8 HEMI® CNG engine will come as standard. It produces outputs of more than 405 lb-ft torque and 383 HP. Improved fuel economy of this engine is expected to stay around 19 mpg city/ 23 mpg highway and 21 mpg combined. Similarly, max towing capacity might check out at 14,000 lbs.
- Next one is the 6.4L Heavy Duty HEMI V8 which is expected to churn out 419 HP and 432 lb-ft torque. Experts predict that this engine could improve Ram’s payload capacity and the figures might reach 7,600 lbs.
- The 3rd engine option comes as 6.7L 4 cylinder Cummins Turbo Diesel. This unit is the most powerful engine on the entire line-up and is suspected to produce 378 HP and 810 lb-ft torque.
All of these powertrains will be paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission with the availability of both rear-wheel and all-wheel drive.
Apart from being fancy on capabilities, Ram 2500 should come heavily updated with a bloat-load of standard safety features. The listing of these features would go out as:
- Rollover Protection Bars
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Stability Control
- Electronic Stability Control
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Parking Assist
- Child Safety Rear Door Locks
2018 Ram 2500 – Exterior and Interior
As much as utility and practicality are concerned, 2018 Ram 2500 will come with a lively styling. In the front fascia, the signature grille is getting festooned with premium chrome treatments. Higher trims will get a cross-hair styling on the grille along with fancy metallic highlights.
The fog light housing in the front bumper could get a new design. The front bumper might even get all-new tow hooks. New 17-inch steel machined wheels with off-road tires will come standard and 18-inch/ 20-inch variants will come as optional.
Inside, the base model is getting work-grade Vinyl seats with 60/40 split-folding. The driver’s gauge cluster will be fully digital with a 7-inch TFT display. This instrument cluster will include a tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, trip meter, etc. The central cabin will host 3 cup holders along with under-bin storage. The utility glove box is supposed to grow in size as well.
Price and Release Date
The starting price of 2018 Ram 2500 should be somewhere around $33,000. Ram might have plans to schedule the official launch of this new-gen Ram 2500 line-up during the 1st quarters of 2018.